Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The New Pavarotti !

His name is Paul Potts, a Welshman who sings Opera, Nessun Dorma on UK talent show "Britains got Talent", featuring Simon Cowell as a judge. Simon Cowell is one of the judge in a singing talent show "American Idol" and is well known for his tough comments over the contestants in the "American Idol" but somehow he was impressed by Paul Potts performance over this show in UK.

He stood on the stage in front of the 3 judges including Simon Cowell and thousands of audients. The lady judge asked him what he would like to sing today? Paul answered :"An Opera" with full confident and commitment. The judges were shocked and so to the thousands of audients which we could see from their face expression in the video. The atmospere was complete silent and they took a deep breathe with much curiosity of what will be going to be happened in the next seconds. Paul with his extraordinary talent sings Opera with full confident. The crowd starts to listen with full concentration and was so impressed by his super natural voice and starts to clap hands and stands up towards the end.


To be frank with you all, I don't know how to enjoy myself when someone sings Opera. From my first look of him, I was about to laugh of his outlook and wondering how great of his voice going to be? Paul had caught my great attention when I watched this especially of one of his broken tooth :-) , I was so overwhelmed and found myself almost crying when listening to his voice. He is so so amazing. He is a man who started out as a cellphone dealer with an ordinary yet not outstanding outlook and has such a great talent with super natural voice. This man is a real proof that miricles do happen everyday! Although I am not understand the meaning of the song but I was touched by his extraordinary voice.

I am not surprise he will become the next Pavarotti in the near future.


You could view his video shoot on this link http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=646496&fr

2 comments:

Pat said...

Yeah, I really admire him, too, because he is always humble.

I read about him the newspaper and looked for his video in Youtube. Like you said, everyone was shocked that an ordinary looking cell phone dealer has such a talent, haha.

His CD is now out, you can find it in the shops.

Ivy said...

I used to think that opera was for those in their senior years, but later discovered that I loved Russell Watsons' opera themed songs.

I think the beauty of opera is that you don't have to understand the language, the soul of the song will reach out and touch your heart.