Yesterday, I was on the way to send my laundry to my cousin's shop. I was passing by a housing estate near the road side and noticed that there were a few teenagers flying kites at the open ground near the housing estate. I was quite surprised what I have seen as nowadays children are more concentrating on computer games and internet chatting than playing the traditional game like flying kite. I still remembered when I was a kid, my father used to bring me and my sister to fly kite at the open ground near our house. I never successful flying kite high on the sky by my own effort unless with others help. To be frank, I don't like this game since childhood time until now but I enjoy watching people flying kites.
The kite that we were using is just a very simple and basic type and cost about 10 cents per piece. Nowadays, we could see a more creative and colourful kite on the sky like the one in the picture and of course cost more.
Some of my friends would like to compete among themselves, so they put smashed glasses mixed with glue onto their string and 'fight' on the sky. Whoever lose their kite would consider the loser. The other kids will chase and run for the 'no string kite'.
Although this game is hardly be seen in the new generations but I would believe that flying kite will still be continued for many many years to come.



No comments:
Post a Comment