It's Manchester United Football Club. It was back to 1996 when I just came back from Penang after resigning from my bank's job. I haven't find any job since I came back from Penang in November 1996, therefore most of the time I was free and watching football at night with my friends at coffee shop whenever there were football matches irrespective of teams. There were a few great players from Manchester United that caught my attention at that time, namely Eric Cantona (retired), Ryan Giggs (still playing), Paul Scholes (still playing), David Beckham (now at Galaxy, USA), Denis Irwin (retired), Gary Pallister (retired) etc. They are a great team until now. Ryan Giggs, Denis Irwin and Gary Pallister were among the top three that I would choose from my list of most favourite players since 1996 until now.
Although there were up and down of their performance for the past 11 years since I started supported them but the most successful year was in 1999 when they were crowned the Champion of European Cup, Champion of English Premier League and Champion of English FA Cup. The unprecedent treble was the most succeeful achievement of their coach, Sir Alex ferguson whom was given the title of "Sir" by the Queen Elizabeth of UK for his great achievement for the club.
This is their current team for year 2007/2008. With the inclusion of Christiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Vidic and Evra a few years ago, they were crowned champion again in 2006 from Arsenal which was the previous champion. This season they have strenghten their squad by completing the transfer for Carlos Tevez, Nani, Owen Hargreaves and Anderson, in order to retain their League Championship crown and at the same time, chasing for the European Champion League title.
This is the stadium of Manchester United with the name of Old Tradford, the theatre of dream. The stadium could accomodate more than 70,000 people and most of the time will be fulled when there is a big match. You could view more news from their official website at this link http://www.manutd.com/



4 comments:
I still remember clearly the night MU won the Champions League, I woke up at almost 5 am and found you downstairs cursing while watching the game :)
But within a few minutes, MU suddenly scored 2 and won the game. It was so incredible we were both stunned, hahaha :)
Why do you take MU as your favourite club ? I believe it is because they are among the best team in the world.
So, it is normal for people like to associate with the greatest.
but the greatest of all are the people who like to associate with the needy, less fortunate etc...like Mother Theresa.
Anyway...for football...I do not have much interest except for World Cup and my favourite team is Brazil. On the club basis, I would consider myself a Liverpool fan.:)
pat, yeah i watched the match whole 90 minutes which MU was down by a goal with Bayern Munich early goal.
The miracle happened when the two super substitute, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solsjaer scored two goal each in injury time.
Gr8buds, MU is one of the greatest football club in the world and the rest like Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern Munich etc. Why I like MU? I also don't know, it's just the feel that make me have the urge to watch every match they play and the players are fantastic.
For the team, England still my favourite team but they always let me down. Recently they were unable to go through to the final stage of Euro 2008.
Gr8buds, BTW I never know that you are a Liverpool fan! :-O
Post a Comment