Monday, October 15, 2007

My Favourite Game



When talking about my favourite childhood game or even til now, the above game is still top of my favourite, 'Mahjong'. I have been trained to play the game since i was young, about 7-8 years old. As my mum and dad like to play and most of time they invited some of their friends to our house to play, so me and my sister just standing behind them to watch. Actually our intention at that time were not want to learn but to offer our service to them like helping them to buy cigaratte, drink, food etc, so that we can earn some pocket money.... :-) Somehow, i learnt the game very fast and i started to play with friends like stephen, patrick, anthony, poh kian, chee kiong etc at my house. They were trained by my mum and dad. I think now some of them still play but some are not.



The mahjong game need skill, strategy and calculation but of course sometimes luck also play part of the factor whether you win or lose that day. Now i also seldom play, only during Chinese New Year, I will play with friends.

2 comments:

Pat said...

The thing I loved the most about the game was not really the game itself, but an excuse for friends to get together to chit chat, joke, sing (I remember Ker Ung and David Kuok always like to sing), and generally just spend time with each other.

Of course, trying to outwit each other is fun, too, but the most memorable for me was the time we spent together.

Eng Soon promised to organize some session at his place and invite me and Chuan Ming to play, but somehow haven't materialized yet.

Hornbill said...

Oh yes...playing mahjong...those were the days :-) I was not bad in playing mahjong at that time but not anymore cos not much practice :-)