Monday, October 22, 2007

Kimi Raikkonen is F1 World Champion 2007



It’s finally Kimi Raikkonen won the Formula One World Championship for year 2007 after he had been competing in the race for many season. I am not a fan of any constructors but a fan of Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikonnen. Mika had won the world title in year 1998 and 1999 and subsequently retired in 2002. After that I hardly had any interest to watch the F1 and only watched for few times. Somehow this year is the most competitive season with three drivers has the chance to become world champion of the year. Kimi is one of them and that makes me so anxious to watch the last race which was scheduled on 20/10/2007 in Brazil.






For the first time since years, I watched the whole race last night until 1.30am. After all the races, Kimi is in third position with 100 points, while Lewis Hamilton is in first position with 107 points and Fernando Alonso is in second position with 104 points. I was thinking that Kimi has the slimmest chance amongst them to clinch the title unless miracle happens.

Kimi’s teammate, Felipe Massa starts from pole position, Hamilton is in second position, Kimi third and Alonson fourth. When the race was started, Massa was in the pole position while kimi and Alonso managed to squeeze alongside and ahead of Hamilton. That was the first turning point for both Kimi and Alonso as Hamilton has dropped down to eighth. Subsequently, Hamilton has faced a gearbox problem when the system momentarily stuck in neutral on the eighth lap and caused him dropped down again to 18 positions. I was indeed happy as Kimi has the chance to clinch the title.

Kimi enabled to take the lead when his teammate, Massa piited for the last time on lap 50. Oh, dear, that’s an incredible performance by Kimi with great determination and concentration. Hamilton was not giving it up and fought back and slowly he was back in seventh positions. Just within up to another position, Hamilton will clinch the title but somehow he didn’t manage to do it.

At last, Kimi won the race, while Alonso was in third and Hamilton in seventh positions. The final point for three of them are kimi – 110, Hamilton – 109 and Alonson – 109.

Champion ! Kimi is World Champion ! It was an incredible season and miracle for Kimi. That's why in sport or competition, anything can happen. You just need to believe it!!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I watched the race last night, it was one of the most exciting I've seen in a long time.

I feel very sorry for Hamilton even though I'm a Ferrari fan. The kid did well this year, it was a case of so near yet so far..

I doubt Alonso will still be his team mate next year, hehe...

Heroes said...

Haha..yeah, u r Ferrari Fan... I still remember when I was in KL in 1998 -2000. We used to watch at home and u r supporting Michael Schumacher of Ferrari and I supporting Mika Hakkinen of McLaren. I was the winner as Mika clinched the title in 1998 & 1999.