Saturday, October 20, 2007

Balls Game I Played Before

When I think of what to write for today in my blog? Hmmm.....suddenly this topic come across my mind. I am thinking thoroughly and how many types of ball game i played before whether still in the novice stage, intermediate, good or excellence stage...


1) "Guli" - That's the first ball game i played since my childhood time with my neighbours and classmates. That was a popular game during my childhood time but nowadays kids are not keen on it but instead computer game is the most popular now.


2) Badminton - I started played this game when i was in primary school and now still active in playing badminton with my friends twice a week. I would say that i am good in this game but not up to the stage of competing in a competition..:-) Now, my intention is just to sweat and keep my body active as most of the time sit in an air-cond room.


3) Squash - This is my favourite game when i was in Form 2 or 3 with few of my classmates playing at our school squash court. We were playing almost every afternoon around 3pm-6pm. I still remembered, our class was the champion for few years consecutively. Few of my friends were representing our state in Sukma Game. Nowadays i didn't play as my standard had dropped rapidly if compare with my friend, greatbuds and mr. tee.


4) Tennis - This is not my favourite game but just happaned that my friends asked me to try, so just go for a try and i really not interested to play..hehe....


5) Rugby - That was incredible and until now i still can't believe that wih my tiny body size, i was dared to play!!!! It was an interclass competition that schedule to be held few months later and some of my classmates were the school team whom used to compete every year with other school in Malaysia. Our class has not enough number, so i volunteered to participate... wow..that's an incredible decision. Well, we managed to train together as a team and ready for the competition. Guess what?? My class was amongst the first few teams to be knock out although we have several school team players.... :-( shy...shy.....


6) Volleyball - With my height, which is considered a shorty, but still try to play during my school days.... But not now lor...Most of time we played the sand volleyball in front of one of my classmates house almost every afternoon during my Form 6 time.


7) Basketball - Again height is a major problem but i managed to play with my classmates during leisure time. I still recalled an incident that my classmate, william whom is a huge and tall guy tried to tackle me when i was about to shoot the net. His finger hit straight into my eye and it was bleeding....so i was nervous and so to him....he rushed me to hostipal and luckily it's just a small cut and would not be blind....after that incident, i don't dare to play liaw lor.....thanks to my friend, william.....heheh....eh, william, when u read this, you still remembered that incident?....hahaha....


8) Ping Pong - Not my game in fact but somehow was ask to play just for fun. My ping pong game was terrible... don't want to elaborate so much here as so shy to mentioned about it lor...heheh...


9) Football - wow, it's really a tiring game as that time how do i know certain player had his own role or position to play like forward/striker, midfield and defender. I just ran the whole court all the time, you tell me not tired meh???? Until now i still don't like to play but i like to watch football matches very much now....


10) Snooker/Pool - I picked up this game when i was stationed in Kuala Lumpur in 1998 - 2000. At that time, i was staying together with my closed friend, Pat and his brothers..... I learnt this from Pat and i would say that he is an excellent player and he posed like a pro when he played. There is a player named Jimmy White and therefore, we called Pat as Paddy White. Four of us always play together including Stephen Chung and Peter Yii. Thanks pat for teaching some of the skills... :-)........when can we play again for a game or two???


11) Bowling - Only played few times but has no interest in it...


Anymore balls game i played before??? Can't think of any at the moment....

4 comments:

William said...

Hi Heroes,

That's why I tried to avoid games like squash and basketball that will unintentionary cause injury to others.

Sometime badminton could be dangere as I was hit by my partner racquet one on my head and it was really painful.

I am great that Hero eye is ok otherwise I will feel guilty all my life.

Heroes said...

haha..william, with your immediate help that time, my eye is ok...if not..can't imagine lor.....heheh..

I did hit by my partner also when play badminton and squash..but not so serious lor....

William said...

I enjoyed the rugby game although our team has the most state players but we did not make it to the final.

We played in the rain and at the end of the game we become like mud man. Interesting game.

Pat said...

Ah, snooker....those were the days, haha..

I regret not being able to play badminton anymore, the new gang is too "keng" for me :(