Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Melaka Trip

I would say that my Melaka trip was a relaxing cum “food full” throughout the two days. In the past, I have been to this historical city many times but this trip was much more different than my previous stay here.

Stephen drove his father-in-law’s car, which is bigger and more comfortable than his own car on Friday night. There were six of us including his father, wife, daughter and maid. It took us about 2 hours to reach Melaka from USJ as we didn’t drive fast.

Upon our arrival in Melaka at around 10.30pm, first and immediate task we did were to find a food stall to fill up our stomach. Stephen was so familiar with Melaka and he went to his usual stall which sell ‘o jien’ and fried kueh tiaw with clam. The food was fantastic but not the ‘o jien’. We bought a 5 litre mineral water at the 7-11 shop before proceed to his wife’s grandparent house. As the house was unoccupied ever since both grandparent had passed away many years back, we have to sweep and mop the floor before call off the day.

We woke up early the next morning at around 7.30a.m, which is consider very early to me especially weekend, you know what mean right? I have to force myself to open my eye and clean up myself as we have planned to go to Zoo Melaka. Before that, of course not forgetting to have our ‘food full’ breakfast at a renowned local chicken rice shop in the town. To be frank I seldom have breakfast in the morning but this particular one increase my appetite level.


After breakfast, we continued our journey to Zoo Melaka. It’s been a long time since my last visit to a zoo, which was in 2002 in Stuttgart, Germany with my sister & family. That was a huge zoo I must say. My first impression of Zoo Melaka was small and yet not much to see inside. It’s true if you judge from the outlook of the building, which is small and congested. Upon purchased the entrance ticket, we followed the crowd entering the compound of the zoo. We could see parrots and monkeys on the trees and after that we went to watch the animal show. The show was very well plan by the crew and there was a fun part which was created by the crew to put the crowd in the state of puzzle and suspense. They mentioned their animal was missing and might be somewhere in the crowd sitting area. Everybody including us of course, start to search under our seat to find the so-called ‘missing animal’. The crew pointed towards our sitting area and said there is a black bag behind us. It’s a black bag and some people started to scream and ran away, but not me… :-D The crew took the bag and it’s a small python in it. After that he further mentioned there’s another box under the seat. Hahaha… this time the box was just under Stephen’s wife, maid and daughter seat. The maid immediately ran far far away and so to others. There is another bigger python in the box. The last one, he said there is a bigger box just above our seat. When everybody heard this, all of them ran away and left that area empty… hahaha… but this time nothing in the box. Cool…..

After the show, we went to have some food and drink at one the stalls. His daughter like to ride the horse and she really enjoyed it very much but not his father, Stephen as from his face I could tell he’s scare when riding together with his daughter. ☺

We went to see the zoo map before we proceed further and much to our surprise, the zoo compound is in fact very big. There are a lot of animals to see while we walked along the road. The weather is getting hot and we decided to go back as his daughter was tired. Along the journey back home, we bought Malay rojak, mee rebus and Chinese rojak for our lunch at home. After makan, we went to the garden and started to pluck mangoes. We managed to pluck about 150 mangoes, a lot right…..


At night, we have our light dinner at a ‘yong tou foo’ shop. After dinner, we drove to the town centre and parked the car. I and Stephen went to A Famosa to take some pictures and his family proceed to the shopping mall nearby. Pictures… hmm….. did I take any picture before that? The answer is YES, in the chicken rice shop and zoo but unfortunately Stephen was accidentally formatting the camera. Oh, My Goodness….. So I only left these few pictures… ☹ We went back home around 10pm and before that, having our supper at the stall we went on the first night in Melaka.

The next day, Sunday, we packed our bag and went to buy some local products in ‘Tan Kim Hock’, the famous shop in Melaka. Our lunch was in a nyonya & baba restaurant in the towm. It’s delicious and ‘food full’ too….

We continued our journey back to KL. I am looking forward to another outing again but don't know when...

9 comments:

nokia5610i said...

I know about the massive mangoes harvest, and 1/3 of it have landed in my kitchen, and they are getting ripe very soon. I really don't know what to do with it.

You la, plucked so many for what.

Heroes said...

pimande, how come you got so much?? I only got about 15 biji only....

I have told yr brother and sis in law not to take so much...but unsuccessful... hahaha...

mygreatbuds said...

Errh...are you going for belly dancing competition ? It has definitely grown few mm since the last round we met....heheehe

joseph said...

Heroes, much enlighten by your write up.

However, I am puzzle of what you wrote and the picture inserted.

I can see that you take pictures with train and aeroplane at the background.

You pergi ZOO ke atau muzium? Gambar dengan deskripsi macam tak ngan-lah!!

MGB, how can actually tell that the belly has grown few mm in size? Can you actually tell by looking at the picture?

Teach me how??

Heroes said...

MGB, belly dancing competition? How the heck we can forget about you to join if we are going for that, am I right? Hey, you guys, especially Joe, don't laugh... see your belly in the mirror.... :-D

Joe, I am not surprise you puzzle... hehehe.... our zoo pictures had been accidentally formating by SC... please don't add salt on my wound liaw.... The train and plane were just near the A famosa....

mygreatbuds said...

Joe, aiyo..plz wear your specs !

okay..dun say I dun give tips here...if you notice that the texture or lineup of fabric/shirt at the belly area is very neat and not crumpy...whereas to other areas is much crumpy i.e you would also notice two small protuding pins...that I believe you will know without me highlighting...

Got it ! hehehe

Heroes, jangan marah..yeh..another version is that I know you very well as compared to the rest mah...

Heroes said...

I would agreed that nowadays all my shirts i wear are neat and not crimpy at my belly part.... but the two points that stick out somewhere, it much depend on the material of my clothing.... :-O

Don't you guys agreed what i had said especially MGB, Joe, mr tee, 'Will i am' and SC.

Anonymous said...

Heroes, are you sure only 150 mangoes?...I think easyly got about 200 or more...

MGB and Joe, these mangoes are so damn good man... so sweet... so tasty... so juicy... mnnnn... yammy...I wish I can send by Pos Laju...{:-p

mygreatbuds said...

Stephen, I believe it is also suculent. How I wish I could taste a piece or two. Yump yump !

Can give you keep the seeds at least (two or three will be enough) ? :)