Thursday, June 05, 2008

Company car sold off

Today I am damn busy since early morning although my tender exercise has just done two days ago. This is how the story goes..... last weekend our company was published on the Star newspaper to sell our company car in KL which is a Proton Waja. Ever since that advertisement was out on Saturday, my colleague has received a lot phone calls, mostly from second hand car dealers to negotiate further on our published selling price, i.e RM26K. As for me, I am the person who use the car at the moment, so I have to let them see the car and arranging appointment by appointment but not on weekend I told them.

Since Monday onwards, there were a few people came to inspect the car and finally there is a guy who own an advertising company is very interested to buy but he would want to drive the car out to his mechanic for thorough inspection before he make a decision. Upon his request I asked one of my colleague to drive our car and follow him to his mechanic workshop. After the checking, he finally want to buy the car but wish to negotiate on the lower price as some of the car body need to repaint and touch up. We finally reached to an agreed price of RM23K. He immediately issued a cheque of RM2,500.00 as deposit to my colleague and tell him that he want to take the car by tomorrow.

Now I want to re-emphasize the car selling process, in fact this task was never assign to me but it seem that I have "accidentally" involved in the process, you got what I mean? So, my colleague passed the deposit cheque to me and had signed an undertaking letter that we shall release the car by tomorrow to the buyer. I tell myself this is not the way and I asked him to further check with our boss.

Then the thing had came to me this morning, my boss told me the car selling process which I had knew from my colleague, so he asked me to draft a sale & purchase agreement and demand for full payment before releasing the car to the buyer. The problem now is the buyer want the car immediately and my boss informed we only release the car upon clearance of his cheque. Then, to solve the problem and pleased everyone, I call the buyer and suggest to him that if he want the immediately, just pay us the full payment by cash. He immediately say OK. Wow....rich guy lar......

After that I get the agreement done in half an hour time and my boss said ok after knowing the content. I go with my colleague to deliver the car and at the same time to collect the RM23K from the buyer at a bank in Bangsar. Upon receipt of the money, we rushed to RHB Bank nearby to bank in as we scared to be robbed... hahhaha.. no joke man.....

Now everything settled and just have to wait for our side to do the transfer.... I still have a month to go in KL but now the car has sold off.... what am I going to do without car!!!!! Geram nya aku..... What to do, it's company car afterall.

Anyone want to lend me your extra car for a month??

4 comments:

mygreatbuds said...

I am disgusted to hear such ignorant fella especially expecting to take the car by just a RM2,500.00 deposit. Phew...I am also relieved and luckily the force is with you if not you will be shot till the balls drop !

RM23k is damm cheap...any commission earned ?

No car is a blessing in disguise especially during this period of time. Money saving is crucial. Less moving around and keeping the extra for better outing especially I believe you have some extra liabilities to settle.

So be a good boy, stay at home and read good management or motivation books!

joseph said...

how old is the car?

Heroes said...

RM23k is cheap and my lady boss is so desperate to sell off the car. I was informed by my colleague that she want to buy a new company car soon and this time is a MPV. In fact this Waja is mainly use by the driver to pick up and send her children to school and other activities like play tennis, horse riding, piano, swimming etc...

Luckily my lady colleague has a car and sometimes i can use her car if she is not using it....

Heroes said...

Joe, it's 2002 model...