Friday, June 27, 2008

Euro 2008 Final

I must say I loved to watch football matches... to clarify and to be specific, only World Cup, Euro Cup and other foreign countries clubs matches like English, Spanish, Italia and Germany. Local football matches...sorry to say that, no interest at all.

This year Euro, I didn't watch any match from start until semi final, most probably because England was not in the final 16. Sometimes I watched the replay at night after work but not a full match. There were plenty of upset results during this Euro 2008. Teams like France and Czech Republic were eliminated from the group stage. The two surprise teams in the semi final were Turkey and Russia. I must say their fighting spirit were extremely high and moreover it's quite a young, energetic and more speed teams and not forgetting their 'magic coach'.

Now, it's time to see the final two, Germany vs Spain, and both teams have the chance to be the champion. I think I am going to watch the final match on Sunday night. Although I have to wake up in the middle of the night and work on Monday, but I have to force myself to do that as it's the final match.

Who do you think would win and become champion of Europe this year? For me, I fancy Germany to win but Spain is also equally strong though. Let us wait and see.

3 comments:

William said...

Who Won the game? Have you watch it last night? I am not watching any sport. In addtion, soccer is not a popular sport here and seldom reported in the news.

Heroes said...

William, I watched the final match last night and the winner is Spain by one goal to nil (1-0). I must say that Spain played really good last night and control the game. They deserved to win the Euro 2008.

Anonymous said...

I can see the Panda eyes, Heroes.