Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SPM Art Tutor


This picture was taken some 20 years back and it's in front of our Art tutor, Mr. Joseph Kho's house. I still remembered that my art was terrible. So in order to get a good grade in my SPM result whereby Art is one of the subject to be taken into consideration, I followed my friends to enrol the tuition which cost around RM40 or more (I can't remember the exact price) per month.

A lot of my friends like MGB, mr tee, William, Stephen Chung, Dr. Lau etc are very good in art except me. :-(

We leart the skill of drawing and colouring still objects and scenery views. It was really hard for me in the beginning stage but with Mr. Kho's patience and friends' help especially MGB, Stephen Chung and William, I managed to pick up some skills.

My initial target was a 2 or 3 for this subject but to my big shock, I managed to score a 1 after receiving my SPM result slip! I think some of my friends including MGB, Stephen Chung and William were surprised too.......hahha....

Anyway, it was a sweet memory for me.

3 comments:

William said...

I like painting and it is always a hobby fo me when I am young.

Remember we use some trick to win an umbrella painting competition for Leo Club.

Our subject is Panda. The exact Panda as on the colour paints box. There is only three colours that is black, white and green. I asked Joseph on how to paint the bambo leaves and he taught me before the competition.

Due to the simplicity of our painting, we finished much earlier than other clubs and still manage to win a prize. I forgot what prize are we getting.

mygreatbuds said...

Spending those time is only to fill up extra time....

Frankly, my real sifu is my grandpa, my sa hia and my first sai peh when I was Primary 5. Forgot his name but his house was at Lorong 5, Jalan Oya.

It was a memorable time isnt it...

But I dun believe you got 1...if yes, the examiner must be crazy. hahahaha

Heroes said...

Will, i cant remember we did participate in such competition and I was one of your team? Who else in the team?

You see....I am telling the truth that MGB don't believe I got 1 in my art......