Sunday, April 02, 2006

Back To My Old Work Place At Bukit Mertajam, Penang



On 18 March 2006, my Penang friend has invited me to Penang to attend a business talk at my old work place which is Bukit Mertajam. Back in September 1995 til October 1996, I worked in Hock Hua Bank Berhad, Bukit Mertajam. It has brought back a lot of sweet and sad memories during my time in Bukit Mertajam. The food, the people I met there, the culture etc.....it's different from what I have experienced in Sarawak. I rented a room with my colleague who also from Kuching. Our house is just opposite St. Anne Church, a Catholic church which is very famous in Malaysia, Singapore and some countries in South East Asia. Every year during the month of July, there are a lot of Catholic and non-Catholic all over places came here to worship and it made the small Bukit Mertajam town busy.

During my trip this time to Bukit Mertajam, I visited the church again and it came to my surprise that there is a new church building and it's beautiful. They still maintained the old building whcih is in white colour. I have taken some pictures of the new and old church for your viewing.

No comments: