When anyone asking me whether I would like to permanently stay and work in KL? My answer is always the same, NO, at least for the time being. What I hate most about KL? First which is second to none, the terrible traffic jam before and after office hours. Of course if compare with other cities in the world like Bangkok, Jakarta, New York etc, KL’s traffic jam is much more better. People who work in KL is spending more time on the road than their leisure time which spend on exercise, games, shopping etc.
In my opinion (for me), KL probably is more suitable for leisure purposes such as shopping, entertainment and holidays. For those who come here for a few days holiday is just perfect. Oh, yeah, another thing which is a must for KL people; CAR whether owned or rented. As for me, I don’t have a car in KL as my company had sold off the company car in June this year, Grrr…. Super Tulan!!
Apart from all the bad things about KL, there is some good one also. I could go to other towns/cities of other states especially West Coast easily and conveniently by highways and the journey is just a few hours drive. For instance, from Kuching to Sibu will take about 5 hours but with that time period I could reach Penang or JB from KL. Indirectly these highways have given KL people more choices in term of places for a short break during weekend.
Shopping arcades and hypermarkets are another plus point for KL. I have more choices to choose from such as Mid Valley, One U, Sunway Piramid, Berjaya Times Square, Pavilion and KLCC. As for hypermarkets, there are Carrefour, Tesco and Giant, which are among the biggest and cheapest in KL. Normally in KL, I will do my shopping, mainly on food & drink with my colleague once a week either Tesco or Giant but sometimes at Jusco also.
Conclusion, I still prefer to live in my hometown although not much choices on what KL got but at least the traffic is just nice and places are within minutes drive.
How do you find KL then?
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Heroes, totally agreed on the time spent in the car or transportation vessels due to jam. Everyday needed extra 1-2 hours on the road as compared to Kuching. Even now, I am spending extra 10 minutes due to my new home which is a distance more as compared to my previous house, I am feeling the pinch of anxiety....(BTW...how do know NY is the same ??)
2 hours a day..x 22 working days - 2 days of life per month gone on the road, a year will be 24 days, 10 years, it will be 8 months gone on the road. 30 years of working life, 2 years gone !!! Can you stop breathing for 4 minutes ? See how suffering are you ?
Hmmm...no wonder I did hear about getting PHD in a car from a consultant no too distance in the past.
Living nearer to your family is always the best of choice although one have to let go of better opportunities especially on corporate ladder or choices of visitation.
Further just can't stand the pollution of air etc.
Can anyone tell me anyone of our Sibu friends who are both "Sibu-non" (read in foochow) chose to stay in KL instead nearer to home ? So far the one I used to know are either the other half is from outside Sarawak. With accomodative nature of Sarawakian end, they normally follow the other half (but of course there are exceptions).
Last but not least, importantly you are living happily with your loved ones as they are the most important asset of your life...whereever your live.
I stayed in KL mainly for holiday. I am fascinated by the big shopping malls and hypermarkets.
In terms of living environment, KL is ideal. The housing estate is better than Kuching considering the failities of the parks and access to hypermarket where the items sold are cheaper than Kuching.
The only draw back is the traffic. Beside the traffic jam, there are lots of road tolls. A substantial portion of the income must be used to pay for petrol and toll.
MGB, how I know NY's traffic jam is bad? Of course lar, now you see Dow Jones had dropped badly and their economy also KNS, their people all rushing to the bank and indirectly caused the traffic jam lor... :-)
I think most of the KL people spent more than 2 hours per day on the road. For Sarawakian, with these 2 hours, we could do many things such as watch a movie, playing badminton, squash, happy hours with friends, shopping with family and even can play a round of mahjong...
ya super agreed!! like last time when i was working in sibu, by 5.30pm can reached to home...:)
In KL/SG, at 5.30pm where r u?? still sit in front of the computer..hahahah..
For me, i if compare KL with SG, i prefer SG. KL full of pollution and dangerous..haiz!!
Post a Comment