Last week, our Malay friends were celebrating their Hari Raya on the 1st & 2nd October and thanks to them I also could enjoy a two days holidays. As these two days were fall on Wednesday and Thursday, therefore my company has granted us another day off on Friday, which was counted as compulsory leave. I was thinking where am I suppose to go and what to do during this long break; 5 days.
My initial planning was to go back to Kuching but upon my checking on the airfare through AirAsia website and found out that it was extremely expensive on these festive season. The airfare to and fro was about RM600++. So I called off this plan and thinking hard what other alternative to do. I phoned my classmate, Stephen who stays in USJ and asking whether he has any plan. In fact we have discussed this a few weeks ago but haven’t come to a mutual decision. Hmm… at last we came out with a joint decision by us including his family and parents…. Teng teng teng … Melaka!! What! AGAIN??? Hahaha …. Actually, Stephen and I have suggested to go to PD (Port Dickson) but his family members don’t want to go lor…. ☹ What to do? But at least better than stay at home and see the four walls…
This trip we didn’t actually pre-plan where to visit in Melaka but just to eat the local food and relax ourselves from the hectic life in Kl, that’s all. As they also brought his sister’s daughter this time, so we went to Melaka Zoo again. You know kids always like to see animals and the main purpose was to let the kids enjoy the horse ride. But unfortunately the workers in the Zoo were Malay and they were not working during the Hari Raya. What a disappointment for the kids! Furthermore, it was raining that afternoon, so we have to cut short our visitation and drove back to the house.
The sky has not mercy on us and kept raining during our stay in Melaka especially at night. Luckily the weather was good on the morning we were going back, so we stopped by A Famosa to ‘walk walk see see’. I managed to take some pictures of A Famosa and Melaka Zoo for your viewing.



5 comments:
A very good entry with nice pictures and narrator.
Heroes, physically I have not been to Melaka but virtually I have been there twice through heroes.blogspot.com.
I wonder what other places that you can visit in Melaka besides the historical places and zoo. There is this place called "cowboy town" and I wonder if you have been there.
Will, thanks for your comment.
Joe, it's my pleasure to virtualize Melaka city to you since you have not been there. In fact, there is plenty of places to visit here as most of them I've visited years ago, so I didn't go there again.
The place you mentioned "cowboy town", in fact is in A'Famosa Resort and not in Melaka city. It's something like theme park resort nearby Melaka city and I have been there in 2005. Hmm... now I know that you actually and physically never visit Melaka... hahaha....
eh eh eh, pergi melaka..never think of coming down to sg?? hehehe..
Momie, of course I ever think of going down to sg but the problem is I didn't bring my passport to KL and furthermore it's expired two years ago liaw lor.... :-(
Post a Comment