Friday, April 25, 2008

Plan a vacation

It's tiring when sometime swamped with workload in the office as middle ranking as me in company, I have three bosses to serve. I have my own responsibilities to take care in the office but at the same time, others people's work also I have to know and helping them to complete. In short, my work I have to take charge and other people's work I must know & assist.

In fact, since last year I have planned to go to Hong Kong for a vacation but until now still not materialize. My original plan is going on this month end but due to some unforseen circumstances, my trip have to be cancelled. I think probably have to postpone until middle of the year or third quarter of the year.

During Chinese New Year, my sister was asking me whether I want to follow them including her parents in law to Paris in September this year as she entitled free tickets from Frankfurt to Paris, thanks to her Air France Miles Point and when returning back from paris, she will bring to visit Zurich, Switzerland. I was indeed happy to hear that as Paris and Zurich are always my dream cities to visit one day. So we went to check the cheapest air fare from Malaysia to Frankfurt and found out that it cost around RM3,500.00 and above depending on the travelling date. That's exclude my expenses in Paris then!! Furthermore, Euro dollar is very strong and expensive, i.e, 1 Euro = RM4.90 (more or less). After lengthy consideration, I decided not to follow her. :-( Maybe in few years time, when I save enough money then can go there with her.

Recently, a friend of mine is asking and planning to go to Hangzhou, China and maybe go to Shanghai as from hangzhou by road is about few hours only. It's only at the talking stage and shall be discussed later....

4 comments:

joseph said...

Heroes, I share the same thought as you are of having a vacation as we need to unwind ourselves once in a while.

The next question that we need to ask ourselves is where to go and the answer is very much depend on our budget and schedule.

Make Hangzhou a reality this year and financially if you are not capable, MGM will be always there to lend a helping hand. Oops... am I being talkative ??? MGM is going to move to a new house soon and he needs $$ for the new house!!

*Think*, *Think*, *Think*.........

Yup!! I got an idea now. Do check Tony Fernadez's website more often and sometimes he is too kind to give air ticket for FREE!

mygreatbuds said...

Joe, Tony is now under stiff competition from Idris as MAS starts offering free 1m air tickets.

If we are serious, we should make the decision and bring this discussion into our personal mails.

BTW, I am very eager and wish to make it a happening. Though much money had been spent, we may still work out a meanningful trip somewhere...Bangkok/Phuket/Haadyai ?

Heroes said...

yeah, if we are serious about the trip, then we should make it happen one day. Decide the place where we want to go and plan for it......see our budget, timing etc.....

joseph said...

The last outing that I had had with you all was more than 18 years ago, or could be longer that. We went to Kapit and it was so much fun in those days.

I especially like the idea of going for a vacation with you guys. But the timing is really something that we have to thing about as it is quite difficult to fix a period to suit everybody schedule. I don't have much problem of where to go as I have not been to most of the places in the ASEAN region.