Yesterday, Sunday morning, I was following my KL friend to do a charity for our society – Blood Donation.
I am a blood donor and have been donated 10+ times in Kuching. Oopsss…. I should keep my voice as low as possible… I can’t let a friend of mine in Kuching knew as he will laugh till his teeth drop! Want to know the reason kar? He would definitely said; “Eh eh eh….. what? 10+ times only and yet want to shout here!! I am already donated so many times and you should shut your mouth up!” Ok lor…. You, 60+ times?? I guess..
When come to charity, I will go for it… what more to say blood donation. ‘Give Blood, Save Life”. We went there after our late breakfast and it’s a lot of people queuing at the registration counter. Everyone have to go through a few process before proceed to the donation hall at level 3. First, write down my name in the record book and weigh how much meat I have. Sorry for the skinny and fatty.
Secondly, registered my details at the other counter and after that proceeded to the Medical Staff counter from Hospital to test blood type and blood pressure. I was shocked for the first time in my life as a blood donor when the nurse took my blood pressure with the electronic type machine, do you know what’s my blood pressure was?? The reading appeared in front of me was 160/110!!!!! Walaw yeh!!!!! Lin Peh Hue Ark Ah Neh Guan Kar!!!!!! Immediately the nurse checked again, the reading was 145/90…. She asked me did I slept late last night? I said yes, about 1am…. After that I asked her whether I can donate or not? She said no problem as my high blood pressure might be because of late sleep last night. Of course, although she said like that but seriously I have to regularly checked my blood pressure liaw lor…
I proceeded to donate at the level 3 and it’s a lot of people up there. I was proud to be one of them. My friends out there, please donate blood as we could save people’s life and don’t be selfish to do so regularly.



8 comments:
Heroes,
160/110 is shocking! Should eliminate you from the trip if your reading is really 160/110. Agree MGB?
At our age, 145/90 is considered OK. But we have to watch out our diet.
Am I talking like a Dr? I would better shut up or else some doctors in our midst would shot me.
bro,
1) If the nurse who checked u was a pretty lady...she shd understand why ur blood pressure was high.
2) From ur photo...not advisable to donate blood pal. I think shd be the other way round....hehe!
Actually, you are taking your risks when donating at 145/90. The nurse should not let you do it...
The diastolic should not be above 130 or below 120 and sistolic should not be above 90 or below 70.
Your excitement will also give you extra pressure due to crowd pressure @ so many people and waiting period.
Cutting down the tummy will definitely help us (I am talking to myself). hehehe
Don't mind to enlighten us your blood type.
Joe, you should medicine instead of computer... I am such a generous blood contributor with O+ type of blood... haha..
mr tee, maybe the nurse should check my other erected part blood pressure and the reading...... walaw yeh!!!
MGB, our tummy are equally big but of course yours are better in term of ratio, I knew...... :-)
Heores, I like to read the 2nd paragraph of your response of which you responded to Mr Tee.
It shows that every single organ of your body is functioning well though you may not have used "IT" for a long time. At our age, ED is not unusual.
Joe, do not take things for granted...it must be effective too..
What does it mean effective :
a) Response is fast
b) Lasting
c) Reloading promptly
...lastly it is alive.
LOL and rolling on the floor...
A pharmacist told me at...guys listen carefully and attentively....only 40% of us are functional after reaching above 40 yrs old, another 10% topped up when reaching 50 yrs old and this goes on.
I hope any of u with med knowledge can prove that pharmacist wrong. So pls enlighthen.
Post a Comment