Monday, March 03, 2008

The 15th Anniversary of Her Death - My Mother



Fifteen (15) years ago today, my mum died. Over the course of these past 15 years, not a day has passed that I haven’t thought of her. Although it's been so many years but she's still always on my mind and I don't think my pain of losing her or the grief will ever fade.

The other day, during Chinese New Year time, I was talking with my sister whom was here with my brother in law on those younger days while we were still schooling. Both of us were very scared of my mum as she was strict to us and whatever we did have to get her permission. If she is in good mood, she will allow us to do but when she is bad mood, we better stay far far away. We always love her as she would wish us to become a good and educated person in future.

In addition to that, she is also a good friend of my classmates whom always come to my house for playing mahjong during my secondary years. She was their master of mahjong and some of them were expects in mahjong now. Beside that they loved to eat the 'pisang goreng', 'cucur udang', 'ubi goreng', 'curry puff' etc which were made by my mum. Oh ya, not forgetting the chicken rice also.

Time flies very fast and I didn't realise it's been 15 years since she passed on. She was gone but never forgotten and I always love her.

“Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your mom was a very kind and cheerful lady who never failed to keep our spirits up. Even until today I still remember her smile.

I remember back in 1996, I had just come back to work in PJ, you, me and Stephen Chung were sitting in the park in Section 10 one night. There you told us the story of your mom's final journey.

joseph said...

It is sad to have someone that we love dearly passed away, leaving us wondering, struggling in this uncertain world.

Be strong, Heroes and He will make a way when there seems to be no way.