Four years ago today, my dad died. Over the course of these past four years, not a day has passed that I haven’t thought of him. Although it's been four years but he's still always on my mind and I don't think my pain of losing him or the grief will ever fade.
Ever since he was diagnosed of End Stage Kidney Failure sometime in 2001, I watched the battle that my dad went through, trying to live one day to the next. The pain and suffering that he had went through during the course of kidney dialysis process was indescribable in words. He ever told me that he would wish to quit the dialysis process at the beginning stage as he could not stand the pain and furthermore he mentioned it's too costly for us to maintain his life with the high medical expenses. We told him that don't worry about the cost and we wish him to stay with us as long as he could. My parents raised us up with lots of hardship during the 80s as the downturn of the business and forced to sell our house and moved to the house which was purchased by my auntie. That's strengthen our relationship and work hard for every opportunity to earn for a better living.
When I was a little boy, I can still remembered our happy and sad moments we shared together with my mom and sister. My relatives said that I'm a spoiled brat as I'm the only son of my dad in the family, but I guess I'm not. My parents will always give the best as they could to us.
I was sad as I was not by his side before he passed on in the hospital although I had tried hard to rush to the hospital with my buddy after I received the call. He was gone, but never forgotten. I will always love him and he is forever with me.
“Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I can never forget this particular day.....the phone rang at around 6:30 am (Germany time) and when I heard your voice at the other end, my heart almost stopped beating cos I knew something bad must have happened to papa cos to receive a call at that early hour from you is no good news and I was right. Then Juergen quickly called up a travel agency and arranged for our flight home and we managed to get a flight on the same night. It was very rushing until I didn't even have time to sit down and grieve.
He had suffered a lot and in a way I sort of am happy that he didn't have to suffer anymore and rest in peace.
We love you papa and you are always in our mind.
Time really flies...your dad is a good dad, my sifu as we would usually play mahjong at your house. I will also always remember that particular day...around 1.30pm after our usual lunch engagement travelling Batu Lintang Road sending me back to my office...
He is always cheerful whenever I meet up with him. Always making funny faces to me.:)
Love never fade and it will always be with us if we truly love someone.
He is now watching over you and your sis. Always do remember him in your prayers so that the salvation of eternal life is smoothen.
Death is just an event,...love is an everlasting feeling as it will always stay in your mind over and over again.
oops..speaking whether you are a spoiled brat..I think at least 50% is a yes...
Your parents gave special love and freedom...
a) Letting you have disco party at home...giving money for spotlight, speaker, radio etc...
b) Pick and send you daily
c) Letting you to bring friends to gamble at your house (further you start playing at young age).
whatelse huh ?
He is really a good dad and always cheerful in his face whenever he meets someone.
Talking about the radio and speakers, it's my step brother's one. As for the spotlights which were bought by my mom as a present for me as she knew that I would always want to organise party at home. :-)
My father fetches me to/from school almost everyday unless he is not free.
My parents allow my friends to play mahjong at home as they could keep an eye on me at home and know what I am doing and what kind of friends I mix with.
I trust those would not make me a spoiled brat lar..... :-D
Thanks for sharing the moving story. I really admire you for taking such good care of your father in his old age.
I always remember your dad as a cheerful and funny guy, always ready with a smile whenever we come and visit you :)
As children, we strive to honour our parents' memories by being someone that they will be proud of. Not necessarily from financial or prestige point of view, but to live as good persons, to be always helpful and kind and cheerful, just like your parents were.
In many ways, for us as your friends our lives were also touched by your parents.
It's hard, indeed hard! But cheer up buddy...at least you still have us monkeying around you from time to time. That's what friends r for, ain't we?
Guten tag hornbill!
Post a Comment